**As the weather warms** and local outdoor events abound, take advantage of city parks, or even your backyard, as a picnic destination. This pretty shelter is little more than three lengths of fabric draped from a tree, but it provides soft seclusion from which to enjoy the passing scenes.
* Hibiscus Ginger Iced Tea
* Summer Sorrel & Chicken Baguette
* Juliet's Fennel Salad with Radish
* Picnic Parma Asparagus Spears
* "As You Like It" Lemon Tart with Thyme Crust
##Setting the Stage: Picnic Packing Tips##
* Pack your basket with the dishes you’ll need first on top.
* When packing china, wrap plates in tea towels—the towels will come in handy when it’s time to clean up.
* Roll flatware in napkins and tie with ribbon. Your cutlery is safely kept together and beautifully presented.
* A lightweight cutting board does double duty as a serving platter.
* Cool hot foods thoroughly before wrapping, to avoid sogginess.
* Freeze and pack a water bottle—it will thaw by the time you need it, and help chill cold foods in the meantime.
Enjoy a performance alfresco with our Canada-Wide Shakespeare in the Park